Moving Checklist for Buyers and Sellers
As you start to your preparations for moving please remember to contact your account holders, local service providers, along with friends and family regarding your moving date and change of address.
- Notify: All accounts and credit card companies.
- Notify: Friends and relatives.
- Send change of address cards to the post office. You can ask your mail person or get from the post office.
- Contact: Phone company and cell phone provider
- Contact: Local township regarding water bill
- Contact: Electric, gas, cable and TV
*Remember to arrange all utilities to be turned on at your new residence on a certain date. (usually the day of close) This way you can avoid any surprises or the need to wait for utilities to be turned on.
- Contact: Local news paper
- Contact: Lawn/Snow service provider
- Contact: Local trash service
- Transfer: Bank accounts to your new address and have your checks printed with your new address. If you have a safety deposit box get your personal items out and a new safety deposit at a bank in your new area.
- Medical Records - Physicians and Dentists. If needed remember to have prescription filled or re-filled before you move.
- Vet: Don’t forget your pets paperwork.
- School Records: Transfer records from your current school to your child's new school. Be sure you have birth certificate and any legal papers required.
- If moving a good distance remember to have your automobile(s) serviced before you hit the road.
- Moving Company: Verify moving information with mover confirming date of move along with the size of load and associated charge.
- Update drivers licence at local Secretary of State Office
Now have fun moving in and enjoy making your new home your OWN!